Chinese Teriyaki Chicken with Veggies Recipe
I found some frozen (boneless, skinless) chicken thighs that I had bought a while ago that needed to be used, so I broke out my new (beautiful and amazing) crock pot Slow Cooker that I got for Christmas and decided to have a little fun! I didn’t have time this morning to get everything “ready” like I normally would so I decided to try out something different!
I added the chicken frozen, and after about 15 minutes in the crock-pot it was thawed enough for me to “break” the three large pieces apart. Once they were separated, I added (i didn’t measure, but I think) about 3-4 tablespoons of Garlic Olive Oil. Then I just let it cook. I turned it after about 2 hours, and changed the temp to low. Also at this point I added about 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped (frozen from my garden this summer) green peppers, 1/2 cup of (frozen, from my garden this summer) carrots, and about 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped broccoli. Then I added about 1/2-1 cup of Teriyaki baste…(thicker than the sauce). I stirred it all together and let it cook for another 2-3 hours. We heated up a bag of the Uncle Bens Basmati Ready Rice and served it with corn on the side. IT WAS SO GOOD!
Slow CookerChinese Teriyaki Chicken with Veggies Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
Ready in: 4-6 hours
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Teriyaki Glaze/Baste
- 1 green pepper chopped/diced
- 1 Broccoli bunch (chopped)
- 3-4 carrots sliced
- 2 cups of uncooked rice OR a bag of ready (we used Uncle Bens Basmati Ready Rice)
- Corn (optional)
- Place chicken in crock-pot Slow Cooker (I added mine frozen, and it worked fine)
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of garlic olive oil (i am sure the regular would be fine, I just like the garlic flavor)
- Cook for about 2 hours on high, turning over occasionally if you can, also spreading the thigh out so its not “bunched” up.
- Add enough Teriyaki glaze (I added about 1/2- cup) to coat the chicken thoroughly, be sure to stir it around with the chicken and let it soak a bit
- Add Broccoli and carrots and peppers
- Stir all ingredients together and Check to make sure you don’t need to add more teriyaki sauce.
- Cook on low for about 2-3 more hours
- Check and add more Teriyaki sauce if needed
- Cook rice
- Serve over rice
We also heated up a can of corn and served that with it. It was really good. The mini corn cobs would have been really good in this, as well as other veggies. That is just what we had on hand.
Check out the other Slow Cooker / Crock Pot Recipes here
Did you try this? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!